The port of Ribadeo is geographically located at latitude 43º 32,865′ N and longitude 007º 02,054′ W, and belongs to the province of Lugo (Galicia – Spain). Located in the Northwest area of the Iberian Peninsula, this port is inside the Eo´s River Estuary (Ria de Ribadeo), which forms a natural border between the Regions of Asturias and Galicia.
The Pilot embarkation position is located at least 1 Nautical Mile NNW of the Pancha Island Lighthouse.
Communication and contact with the Port Pilot is through VHF channel 12.
Anchoring is not allowed by the Maritime and Port Authorities neither around the vicinities nor within the limits of the Ria de Ribadeo.
Our services at Ribadeo Port.
The commercial port of Ribadeo is the second port of Galicia in terms of volume of cargo traffic, moving around 600,000 tons per year of general cargo and bulk cargo from the agri-food, forestry and mining sectors. With more than 60 years of experience as port operators and shipping agents, we offer you all the services you may require upon your arrival at the port of Ribadeo. We have the appropriate infrastructure of warehouses, machinery, experience and know-how to offer you the best coverage of services that the client requires for logistics and maritime transport.
Max.draft: 6 meters
Max. airdraft: 29 metres
LOA: 120 meters (for ships equipped with a bow thruster).
(Reference information as of today’s date but without our guarantee.)
Infrastructure and other services
Other port services
Fresh water supply to ships
Border Inspection Control (P.I.F.) (…)
Port Facilities and Security Services based on international ISPS code compliance
MARPOL waste management service
The nearest airports are:
- Avilés (Asturias): 100 km (aprox. 50 mins by car)
- A Coruña: 150 km (1 hour & 30 mins by car) (Airport for crew relief subject to VISA through the Border Police in Ferrol)
- Santiago de Compostela: 190 km (aprox. 2 hours by car)
Land communications with Asturias, Galicia and the Meseta have improved significantly in recent years thanks to the construction of infrastructures such as the A-8 Cantabrian highway, as well as the ring roads and access from the highway to the commercial port. Likewise, several logistic areas have been created outside the port area as a complement and support to the port areas:
- Polígono industrial Ribadeo (Ribadeo industrial estate) about 2 km away with direct link to the port through the ring road.
- Polígono industrial de Barres (Industrial area of Barres) (Castropol) about 12 km from the port with a link to the A-8 highway.
- Polígono Industrial de Barreiros (Barreiros Industrial Estate), about 15 km from the port with a link to the A-8 highway.
Maritime distances from Ribadeo port
|Figueira de Foz (Port)||340|
|King´s Lynn (UK)||822|
|La Pallice (Francia)||310|
|Nea Moudania (Greece)||2.396|
|New Holland (UK)||838|
|Ponta Delgada (Portugal)||938|
|Saint Brieuc (France)||441|
|St. Petersburg (Rusia)||2.119|